Thursday, August 25, 2011

Barbarians Eat Chicken... With gloves.

One of my last days in Kaohsiung and my host family decides to take me to a placed called dream mall for a special treat.

Wow 'Dream Mall,' I think to myself, must be awesome. And it was! Dream Mall is huge and has a ferris wheel on the roof and tons of expensive stuff not worth buying.

Little did I know the 'treat' my host family was talking about was eating at Taiwan's own food sensation, a place call Century 21. They sell rotisserie chicken meals. ROTISSERIE CHICKEN! For about 450 Taiwan Dollars the whole family shared a WHOLE chicken, fries, salad, sweet potato fries and some friend chicken.

Host mom: Do you have this food in the USA?
Me: Bahaha, yes. I think we invented it.
Host mom: (surprised) Really? Is it expensive.
Me: Nope its pretty cheap.
Host mom: And how does the taste compare because this is a Taiwanese company and its famous.
Me: (are you kidding me!) Its about the same.

The most ridiculous part is that they believe it to amazing and a special treat (cute) AND they eat it with their bare hand WHILE WEARING PLASTIC GLOVES!






No comments:

Post a Comment